Monday, February 23, 2009

Never a dull moment!!

That sick bug seriously just won't leave our house. Barrett was down for most of the day zonked out on the couch. That left his poor side kick completely LOST!! I promised Alexander a game of Blockus. Everything was going so well. . .Easy concept. . .your pieces have to "KISS" your pieces. See pieces "kiss!!"

.. . . Not "HUG!" Easy concept. . .See pieces "Hug!"

Everything was going so well. . . .fun. . and peaceful. . .until. . .we started "trapping." The pieces started getting a little close. The beast came out. . .
BEAST!!! Who knew being competitive started at age 3!!! Well it does! At least at our house!

"I go here!!" demanded the "Beast" "I trap Mom and Xander!"
"Well". . . I said. . "little Missy I like the way you think but you aren't huggin' or kissin' any of your pieces!!

"Fine. . .I go here!!"

"I said I trap you and Xander. . . " Said beast! "I GO HERE!!!"

"I said. . . I GO HERE!!"

Screaming way too loud. . ."HERE!!!"

"Ok I kiss!!" Alexander and I are thinking. . . .FINALLY!!

Pretty happy about her "kiss" until. . .

Alexander sees the perfect, "Trap!"

"Ahhhhhhh. . .. ."

"You can't trap ME!"

"You go. . ."

"HERE!"

The princess wins again!!!

13 comments:

libbie said...

I think this game is way over my head!

MaDeb or Deb said...

I agree with Libbie, it looks way confusing! I wanted to actually buy it but hummm...maybe not! It was definitely worth breaking away from 24 to check it out! Those kiddos always bring a smile to my face. Love love love them!

Deanna said...

I ABSOLUTELY adore her and those photos of her face! Go Jacq!

Stephanie said...

These pics go with your story just perfect, how cute. I've heard that game is so fun, we've never played it before.

Jaimee said...

WOW...the girl knows what she wants--she rocks! I've never heard of the game...may have to check it out!

crystal said...

Love the pouty face!! We love this game :)

Becca said...

That is the funniest...ever! Oh my.. Jacq is the best. Mylie and Jacq definitely are related. Those faces?! Oh my.. love them... love her... love the "play-by-play" action. Get your gang better so we can play!

Gail said...

Sounds like game time at my house.

Anonymous said...

she sure is a cutie......at the end that is...of course NOT during the beast phase.

J Glazier said...

Oh My, that all looks way too familiar from our house! We love cute pouty faces but mostly when they are gone :)

Brooke said...

I love the story! Our girls are twins! Love her! Thanks for the blog I have missed them!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Love this game.

Love how you captured your little ones - you are going to have WAY too much ammunition when it comes to dating or even those wedding reception slide shows!!!

easleyfamily said...

love it!!!