Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Books*Books*Books

Boy do we love Books at this house. I think if the kids had it their way we would be permanently glued to the couch reading books and more books and more books! I thought I would share our current favorites.Max ~ This kid is on a Magic Tree House stamp collection rampage. Together we are on book #34 and he can not get enough of the Magic Tree House series. Max has his book reading path all planned out. Once we finish Magic Tree House we are going to read the Magic Tree House Research Books and then on to Junie B. Jones. Pretty sure he still secretly loves and just about has memorized, Where the Wild Things Are. After all it is all about Max and he likes that. He is just a little bit like his mother. Who ME?

Alexander and Barrett ~ I don't know were to start. . . .these boys love love love books like you wouldn't believe. They ususal have a book or two with them at any given time. They always keep me waiting when I go to pick them up from preschool, "Mom book!" as they point to their teacher. We have to finish whatever book their teacher is reading or for that matter starting. They are always up for a reading time at home, at the library, the bookstore, anywhere. These are the books that are a hit this week.
Horton Hears a Who, Dr. Seuss.
Giraffes Can't Dance, Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees
How I became a Pirate and Pirates don't Change Diapers, Melinda Long. I seriously just want to look at the illustration all day. They are pretty much amazing and the story makes them creative play pirates like you wouldn't believe. Gotta love over hearing that.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and all the other books that go with it. . the pig. . .the moose. . .the whatever. They love love love it.
Jacqualynn Grace ~ She just likes to sit on my lap and listen for what feels like my whole life and when I am done reading with out fail she says, "2 minutes!" Currently she is reading and sleeping with, Too Many Frogs and You're My Little Love Bug.

Any suggestions for my little bookworms?? We like to rotate books weekly. LOL! I can't believe I typed that, but it's true. We are serious readers at this house. I'm sure it is just a little phase that has been going on forever, but I'll take it while I can. Do share your favorites and Happy Reading to you!

7 comments:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

So cute we love books at this house too. SOmetimes the mom gets real sick of reading them. Carter and Ryan are starting to come in handy for reading to the younger kids. Love that

My Many Coloured Days said...

Have your boys discovered "The Dangerous Book for Boys" yet? A must have/sleep with book.

Brooke said...

I want to do story time when I come to town with the girls.

MaDeb or Deb said...

Life doesn't get any better than life at the Watson's!! You continue to amaze me with all the wonderful things you do with the kiddo's. My belief is that you can never read too much to kids!! They love it and you will benefit from it for years to come. They are so cute all sitting on the couch reading! I love it!!!!! Miss you guys a ton.... Ma Deb

Barrett Bunch said...

Happy reading for sure, I love that they love books! We love Highlights around here or atleast Ella does, Kayla loves to destroy and tear them... The hidden pictures and stories are Ella's favorite! After that it is usually the book of the week at school! We are so excited to come to Utah and read read read with your family, it will be a blast.

Stephanie said...

Brayden is older, so he is into the young adult stuff already, but he can read a "Goosebumps" book in an hour and he reads one each night before bed. Saydria loves anything, but her favorites are about anything princess or girly. Kai & Cole will sit and listen to anything also. Congrats on raising readers!

Alyssa said...

I can't believe how much your kiddy kids love to read. Whenever I babysit it's always one more Auntie Lyss, one more story. And those stories aren't short either like when they were babies! It's so great how much they love it!