Friday, November 23, 2007

Little Things



WHAHOOO! It's the most wonderful time of the year. I don't know who is more excited for the upcoming month me or the children. We 'trimmed the tree,' hung our stockings, set up our manger and the Watson house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. WOW! That was so cliche~ic that I am almost sick. What can I say I am a sucker for Christmas and all the Christmas goodness. This year the children have started to notice many of the little things. For instance, if I add an ornament to the tree, or a new animal to the manger scene, if a new Christmas book appears they are all over it. It makes me smile and chuckle a little to see the excitement in their little voice and twinkle in their eyes. I love the little things. The smell of Christmas, a kind unexpected gesture, the perfectly wrapped Christmas gift, a tree that isn' so perfectly decorated. :) To top off the holiday fun we made chocolate chip cookies with hot chocolate. The Christmas holiday has started and now we are ready for the traditions to begin. . .

7 comments:

Jen said...

so fun....can't wait to get home and start to Christmasify our house too :)

My Many Coloured Days said...

Cliche is perfect for the occasion. I too love Christmas with kids... but have to admit that I'm anxious to have two trees in the house - one decorated by the kids and the other by moi!

Shauna said...

Oh! I have to agree with you. . .two trees is ideal. I can't wait for the day when I can have a "pretty tree" decorated must by me.

J Glazier said...

Love the pic of the boys watching the train under the tree! We've got to get our TREE up.

Becca said...

Loving Christmas at the Watsons...it might not be the "pretty tree" but it is such a darling tree. And how can you pass up all of those eager helpers?! :) I did mine alone. So.. love your kiddo tree..the one you get help with! I love the train too.. and I love that the boys were enthralled... loving everything...

Can't wait to hear about YOUR traditions!

Barrett Bunch said...

I am glad I am not the only to set up for Chrismas the day after Thanksgiveing! You look like you all had alot of fun! Christmas is the best time of year! Wish we could see you this year, but that time will come!~

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Christmas bug has attacked the Watson's. Now I don't look so crazy, since I decorated right after Halloween. OK...so I'm a little crazy. Looks like a fun fun day. Hopefully we can get their sometime soon and enjoy in some of your Holiday spirit! Love you guys and miss you a bunch!!!